History of Granton
Granton is a district in the north of Edinburgh, Scotland. Granton forms part of Edinburgh’s waterfront along the Firth of Forth and is, historically, an industrial area having a large harbour. Granton first appears on maps in the 17th century relating to the now demolished Granton Castle. The name also appears in Granton Burn, which now runs through Caroline Park down to what was Granton Beach. The name is presumed to come from Grant’s Town or Grant’s Dun/hill. (Wikipedia). Please find more information about history of Granton www.grantonhistory.org
Area profile/Demography (Census 2011)
According to Census 2011, total population of the Granton Community Council area is 11,813. Total households are 5731 over the area of 306 square hectare (ha), population density of the area 38.6 person/ha. Council tenants are 27.6% (1580) of total households. Granton area is one the most ethnic diverse neighborhood, 7.7% of total population are non-white. The 14.1% of total population are born outside Scotland, England or Rest of the UK. Please find details information (download) on Granton & District Community Council area profile according to Census 2011 (published on 2014).